Friday, January 31
- we had early reunion dinner last sat(we knew that el will not be in town today), so today seems a little quiet at home. maybe thats how it should be. welcoming the next year with peace and harmony. mumsie made soup for her dearies(meaning us),so thoughtful ivy made a trip down to sip in our mumsie's sweet effort(my mum hardly cooked, she never did during my school days, but now she'll make an effort to fill our stomache with her love during festive seasons and i appreciate that alot.), then shifted herself back to her in-laws. tomoro will be the usual visiting and im nervous to bring someone new with me. wish us luck.]
ck is back! *prances around her room* . met up with mummy pat at the pub stammerDy works(thanks to rachel who stood us up *pointing accusing finger at mala gal* and he dropped by after some gatherings somewhere else. sweet huh. *sweeping air with hand* nah..the sweetness' not to me, *throws cheeky look at mummy pat*..you know? ya know...woohoohoohoo.
the three of us then made our way to C.A.N cafe down liang seah street and baby g join us after he'd sorted out his stuffs. we played the "who am i" game for a bit and decided to call it a day.
ps : where is my prezzies and dinner you owe me??? *tsk tsk*
background + yann tiersen(amelia)
soir de fete
- .NEW YEAR SONG.
Happy CNY! (Cantonese new year ?). recieved via email, thanks to damien.
- What's Grosser than Gross?
this entry had the sick dudes comin up with something so sick and diseased. can you imagine theres 198 comments. eeks.
her photographs seem to exude pheromones.they're all about couples who come together and who part, their sexuality and their togetherness with the sense of complicity that comes from black and white, the colours of psychological introspection.
gotta love her work.
Wednesday, January 29
- .Jesus Dress Up.
found this. no offence..
Daily dosages of video, text and photo humor.
- i ordered a coffee tall for him and earl grey to take away. when the staff presented two tightly capped cups, i tried to figure out which my tea and his coffee. staring at the identical cups, it reflected the uncertainties in me about us, that no matter how compatible we looked, we are from different worlds. matter-of-factly, we are from different parts of the world. *smiles*
i have a feeling that we are going to be seperated, for good when he leaves for paris next week. i have zillions of things to say but the "things will be alright" look had always pulled me back.bringing up my uncertainties at this time will only make me sound paranoid, but i really need some assurance. really.
background + sarah mclachlan
Monday, January 27
- had link this two sites. happy shopping. :)
the cheaper and more affordable stuffs.
background + nightmares on wax
Sunday, January 26
Saturday, January 25
- i had been haunted. i dreamt of max two days in a row. *rants* he is such irritating creature and i even have to deal with the sight of this #@*%$# in my dreams. i think i will have to visit the bomoh and cast evil spells on him to strike him outta my life and bind him from terrorizing my life further.
breathes in..breathes out..
to save you from the long boring post about my dream, i decided to cut it real short..
friday, 24th jan.
max founded my apartment,crept into my room and hugged me in bed. i was helpless and choking to scream for help. finally, i woke up and there, i startled the shit out of my baby, i shouted "max!!!" . *wince*
saturday, 25th jan.
i was lying down with my feet kicking right on to max's stomache as he tried to come near me. i remember the presence of a crockroache too. i woke up feeling disgusted. *shudders*
there, he'd easily ruined two of my weekends just like that. prolly i should start to do some self reflecting. and practice on yoga. i should never open the door for my uncertainties or anything negative. but i can't forgive and forget if he's such a loser to cheat on me. but i have to kill the devil to get back on track. *thought for a minute* i will just have to forgo my money then.
*visualise her money flying away with flapping wings*
background + nora jones
Friday, January 24
Di was scramming off, but i caught her still..hee
i wonder why they have closing time for temples.
i never like flowers, but this i like.
the red man's blinking for their death..soon.
background + morcheeba
comming down gently
Wednesday, January 22
- i cant find a patner to suede's concert *mumbles*, but hey, it's norah jones' tomorrow. *wears a big smiley face* .had just recieved a piece of good news, we might be settling for london though( we're just relieved its not paris, but brussels is still good ).
*lets out a heavy sigh*
i had just conviniently postponed my tuition today because im feeling a tad bit worn out from the past few long days and short nights. *rubs her sleepy eyes* had to recharge myself a little for the early weekend and maybe catch up with my homework when i am not so groggy then. this is the joy of engaging a private one to one tuition, when all you have to do is to dial her number and fix another date (u dont have to feel regretful everytime you missed a lesson in class coz u won't miss any). of course, that is something i should never practice frequently of that'll definetely defeats the purpose of focusing on my school work, *throw an assuring look* i still wanna score, you know? *blinks an eye at you*
alrighty, have to get my ass of my room and start preparing myself for my date with spring. (oh hell, im intoxicated by ck's corny-ness.)
background + paul weller
wildwood (portishead remix)
Tuesday, January 21
- .Colour Vision Deficiency Test.
thanks ck darling for shaing this. now, go have ur test, fun and accurate.
.Strawberry Shortcake Official Site.
from ginette's blog. cute.
shop, shop, shop!
urban style boutique.
.Nightmares On Wax.
had linked them too, u might like them.
Monday, January 20
background + nightmares on wax
- what should you do when your EX tells u that she/he's NOT GOING TO RETURN you YOUR MONEY?
he's such a jerk i wish him dead sometimes. i remembered it was out of sympathy that i told him to return me the sum(he issued a cheque to me a month after i lended him the money) only when he'd settled some of his other debts 1st(im so so stupid to trust this bastard).
i want to buy pig's head(real big one) and hang it right outside his door, take my cat's poo(accumulated from mon to sun) and throws it into his house through his windows and then (like sandy)spread his home add PLUS residental's and cell phone's no. to everyone via email or anywhere possible. make sure he regret what he did to me now.
*wails* i just want my money back...
- *tsk* im stuck in the cyber cafe besides bugis junction. had wanted to go for a dip in the pool but the lift at hotel intercontinental just wouldn't bring me up to the pool level *mutters* im just going to stick around till my tuition starts in the evening and do some surfing and reading here and hopefully join baby g to the club at night(i don't do gym tho, i'll try to pool later if so).
met up with the gals for pre-reunion lunch yesterday at furama hotel. when u gather more than 10 female together,regardless of how old or young they are(trust me, it makes no difference 10 years ago when we found each of us and bonded so well since then), its more than u can take. the gossips(i hated this the most), the whinning from work(this is more interesting), bitching or ranting about things that are unjustifiable(especially from the one who sat beside me..u know who u are..muahaha), blah blah blah. but as usual, i always enjoy hanging out with these crazy monkies. *reaches out to hug everyone*
1) daddy jo has a new crush!!! *runs around screaming at the top of her lungs*
2) wendy is beginning to snap back a little(alas..still weighing below 40kg tho, she's a walking skeleton man *shudders*)
3) pauline is..erm..trying to snap out tho.
4) pat and i. still the queens of clown. *aow*
5) the rest have new obsession..the built in cam in handphones.
will post the pics once i'd downloaded them.
background + the loud humming noise from the vandalator above me
Sunday, January 19
- had enrolled for my motocycle course. im all estatic about it. but attending the theory lessons is(no doubt) going to be boring tho. hopefully, i'll get my motobike liscence in half a year(with my tight schedule and all, i think the chances are kinda slim) and get myself a cheap bike(i have plans to save up for other things), prolly a second hand, if its in a good condition. *pulls out her cauculator and starts cauculating how much she had to put aside* have to cut down on my expenses. grrrr..
background + tori amos
bells for her
Thursday, January 16
- i copy and pasted this. thought its funny. muahaha..
An Asian man walked into the currency exchange in New York City with 2000 yen and walked out with $72. The following week, he walked in with 2000 yen and was handed $66. He asked the teller why he got less money than the previous week. The teller said, "Fluctuations." The Asian man stormed out, and just before slamming the door, turned around and shouted, "Fluc you Amelicans, too!"
- me : hey, im xiao..(i have to tell him that as im sharing my icq with my sis)
yinzi : hey am da
me :wots "am da"?
yinzi : i am da(meaning big in chinese)...u xiao(meaning small in chinese) mah..corny joke..get it?? kekekke did ur hair stands due to it's cornyness?
me :no, my middle finger did.. (annoyed)
background + nina simone
Wednesday, January 15
- we were out for lunch and macho wil brought us to this dim sum place. i like the name of the place - Wan Tou Sek. it means food that was founded in cantonese. the food and the shop's name is equally good. i spotted the unique carvings on the pillars on our way to Wan Tou Sek, it has a soldier standing with his pants rolled up and he was armed too. wonder whats the meaning behind this. sometimes i wonder too much.
there are several different pictures, but this caught my eyes.
Wan Tou Sek
there was this rubber curtains at the entrance. very cheena and neat. i like it lots as it brought me back to the sweet memories of the old days where my two sister kinnies and i always run in and out of it in the wet market(this kind of rubber curtains can be found everywhere in the olden days, especially in the wet market ) while our maid did her weekly marketing. and so to rekindle the fun memories(sort of), i made macho wil took snaps of me standing behind the curtains. he was very reluctant tho.
they(ssterkins and macho wil) were getting annoyed with my constantly stopping for photo taking (tho el was forever ready for a shot whenever i hold my camera infront of them), especially when i can sometimes take 5mins per shot. at last, they run out of patience and decided to walk back without me. i tried my best to sulk and shout for them, but they nver turn back.. pfffttttt...
el's forever ready for a shot, while macho wil's always annoyed, so i decided to chopped of half of his face.
i shouted for them,but they proceeded still..
as u see,they were determined to ignore me. fine..
background + lisa ekdahl
benen i kors
- my darling boy aka the eligible bachelor, ck, had agreed to teach me how to cook when he comes back for his holiday. in return, he wants me to tidy up his room. he is so going to regret. muahahahaha..
NO ONE orders me to do anything... *cornered her eyes at ck*
- plans have changed.
makes not much of a different eh?
if theres a change that makes no different,
is that STILL A CHANGE?
Tuesday, January 14
- .Personality Disorder Test.
Disorder Rating Information
Paranoid personality disorder is characterized by a distrust of others and a constant suspicion that people around you have sinister motives. People with this disorder tend to have excessive trust in their own knowledge and abilities and usually avoid close relationships with others. They search for hidden meanings in everything and read hostile intentions into the actions of others. They are quick to challenge the loyalties of friends and loved ones and often appear cold and distant to others. They usually shift blame to others and tend to carry long grudges.
People with schizoid personality disorder avoid relationships and do not show much emotion. They genuinely prefer to be alone and do not secretly wish for popularity. They tend to seek jobs that require little social contact. Their social skills are often weak and they do not show a need for attention or acceptance. They are perceived as humorless and distant and often are termed "loners."
Many believe that schizotypal personality disorder represents mild schizophrenia. The disorder is characterized by odd forms of thinking and perceiving, and individuals with this disorder often seek isolation from others. They sometimes believe to have extra sensory ability or that unrelated events relate to them in some important way. They generally engage in eccentric behavior and have difficulty concentrating for long periods of time. Their speech is often over elaborate and difficult to follow.
A common misconception is that antisocial personality disorder refers to people who have poor social skills. The opposite is often the case. Instead, antisocial personality disorder is characterized by a lack of conscience. People with this disorder are prone to criminal behavior, believing that their victims are weak and deserving of being taken advantage of. They tend to lie and steal. Often, they are careless with money and take action without thinking about consequences. They are often agressive and are much more concerned with their own needs than the needs of others.
Borderline personality disorder is characterized by mood instability and poor self-image. People with this disorder are prone to constant mood swings and bouts of anger. Often, they will take their anger out on themselves, causing themselves injury. Suicidal threats and actions are not uncommon. They think in very black and white terms and often form intense, conflict-ridden relationships. They are quick to anger when their expectations are not met.
People with histrionic personality disorder are constant attention seekers. They need to be the center of attention all the time, often interrupting others in order to dominate the conversation. They use grandiose language to discribe everyday events and seek constant praise. They may dress provacatively or exaggerate illnesses in order to gain attention. They also tend to exaggerate friendships and relationships, believing that everyone loves them. They are often manipulative.
Narcissistic personality disorder is characterized by self-centeredness. Like histrionic disorder, people with this disorder seek attention and praise. They exaggerate their achievements, expecting others to recongize them as being superior. They tend to be choosy about picking friends, since they believe that not just anyone is worthy of being their friend. They tend to make good first impressions, yet have difficulty maintaining long-lasting relationships. They are generally uninterested in the feelings of others and may take advantage of them.
Avoidant personality disorder is characterized by extreme social anxiety. People with this disorder often feel inadequate, avoid social situations, and seek out jobs with little contact with others. They are fearful of being rejected and worry about embarassing themselves in front of others. They exaggerate the potential difficulties of new situations to rationalize avoiding them. Often, they will create fantasy worlds to substitute for the real one. Unlike schizoid personality disorder, avoidant people yearn for social relations yet feel they are unable to obtain them. They are frequently depressed and have low self-confidence.
Dependent personality disorder is characterized by a need to be taken care of. People with this disorder tend to cling to people and fear losing them. They may become suicidal when a break-up is imminent. They tend to let others make important decisions for them and often jump from relationship to relationship. They often remain in abusive relationships. They are overly sensitive to disapproval. They often feel helpless and depressed.
Obsessive-Compulsive personality disorder is similar to obsessive-compulsive anxiety disorder. People with this disorder are overly focused on orderliness and perfection. Their need to do everything "right" often interferes with their productivity. They tend to get caught up in the details and miss the bigger picture. They set unreasonably high standards for themselves and others, and tend to be very critical of others when they do not live up to these high standards. They avoid working in teams, believing others to be too careless or incompetent. They avoid making decisions because they fear making mistakes and are rarely generous with their time or money. They often have difficulty expressing emotion.
- from ginette's blog...
and so i found this..
.Super-Jam?.put ur face up and turn the bass up!
.Pee Mail. pee ur personalised message!
.Tickle Tykes. scratch ur balls!
background + suede
Monday, January 13
- i wanted to do something for the society,so i decided to do volunteery work. i had asked mummy pat to join me. hopefully i can gather a bunch too. this will be fun and meaningful during my holidays(i cant just rot and veg till i start work and school, i have to find the meanings of life, coz i don't have any now. bleh ). *mental note to give ck's mum a ring on the arrangement details* i'm actually very excited about it.
will be meeting macho wil for lunch and el will be joining too. he's making me extending my contract to buy a new cell phone for his beloved. *mutters* (then sacrificing my line..) oh well, hope its all worth man..(the girl is not even his girlfriend for christsake) *rolls eyes at macho wil* you should buy me dinner eh? muahahahah..
im experiencing with my action sampler. it was fun.
background + pink martini
Friday, January 10
- had my lomo replaced with a new one. (yay!) i remembered showing my overexposed pix to baby g after watching "the ring" and he was making fun of the two similarities and going "arh! (pointing at the irritating orange ring from one one my pix) thats 'the ring's' ring from the movie! we're all gonna die...". now that i had it replaced, i hope it will turn out better. *throws annoyed look at baby g*
will be out taking pix later. el's having her manicure AND pedicure appt, so i'll take time out to revise my work and try out my new cam while i wait for our lunch with jason and jamie. i really hope the pix will turn out good this time tho. *keeps fingers crossed*
background + suede
Thursday, January 9
now that im on a holiday and all, i started to realise that there are too many busy people around me(or those i don't know). most of them bury themselves in work and only looked forward to the luxurious life ahead IF they worked hard enough.it triggered my curiousity if anyone treasures or even appreciates the real happiness in life(i always make sure i do whatever makes me truely happy). there are tangible benefits to happiness -health, creativity, productivity, even altruism are all higher in happy people.happy people are more likely to contribute to charity, and their social lives tends to be better.and people in a good mood seem to be more likely to resist temptation. but if they slip, they can take cheer :they have stronger immune systems. *smiles*
happiness even affects our financial lives. happy people are more reliable workers, so they earn higher salaries and tend to get more job interviews(hmm..but though i have not and need not go through interviews yet, i still believe so). but get this : money dosen't really buy happiness.people with no money are consistently more depressed than people who had enough, but after basic needs are met,money has a very small effect. lottery winners return to close to baseline after a fairly short period. a survey of the riches americans showed they were a little happier than average people, but hardly enough to justify the effort they put into getting and spending.
i'd learned to appreciate life and enjoy every moment of happiness since i was young. prolly because i had a bad childhood. i grew up from a brokened family, had nasty aunts and uncles constantly torturing and abusing us, using voilence to educate us, but it only made me a stronger person , and it had cultivated a stong bond between me and my two beloved sisterkinnies - ivy and el.we depended no one but ourselves and even now, the three of us were inseperable. i love my sisters deeply, and everything and every person who loves me..contented, i may sound, but i know its more than this that happiness has given me.
so my new year resolutions..
1) be positive and stay happy.
2) more appreciative.
3) more expressive(like showing how much i love everyone and letting them know)
4) always stretch out a helping hand whenever needed. (never expect returns)
5) put away all the unhappiness and be more forgiving.
thats about it. happy new year to myself.
background + stina nordenstam
Wednesday, January 8
- jona decided to withdraw from suede's concert. i have no one to go with me now. sucks.
background + portishead
The smallest website in the world. or at least the smallest site with a game of Pong.Small site - big news.
a little entertainment to kill time..
.Build Build Build.
a satirical feature site for Singaporeans, i.e. writing articles which poke fun at local events and happenings.very local, very singapore. some really cracks me up!
- i'd been trying out my lomo. but 90% of it is overexposed. wonder if its my negligence or my cam's faulty. hmm. will bring it to the shop later if i don't feel lazy. take a look at the 1st and 2nd pix, its the orange ring im refering to(especially the 2nd pix). *taps chin*
if i were to move to brussels. should i take up french or spanish. hmm.. i like both though. baby g's taking french(because he already fluent in spanish), so he thought i should pick up spanish so we can pratice it everyday. i have not make a decision yet though. i have too many things in hand at the moment. one at a time please, one at at time..
background + louie armstrong & oscar peterson
lets fall in love