"dysfuctionally inspired"

Tuesday, April 1


What Lies Beneath


    I had a dream two days back, and call me superstitious, i really think its dad’s way of sending me a message. I was on the way to attend a wedding ceremony and a phone call came to inform me to visit dad at the hospice. “will be there shortly, but lemme attend the wedding ceremony first”, and all i rem was how i only want to rush to the more important things (my mind was thinking “its just visiting and it can be done later”). Fast forward: i was sitted at the last bench in the church and periodic thoughts came to my head. The call, something is not right. OMG, i suddenly became conscious of the reality – dad has already left 7years back. I became aware that im still in the dream and in the church (still no clue who’s wedding i had so wanted to rush to), and it struck me that dad must have been utterly disappointed with his lil gal and how i have failed “the test”. How un-filial even at the dreamy state of mine.
    I told the gals over dinner and was told that it was dad ‘s way of telling me he miss me and i should visit soon. Its the qing ming for now. Coincidence? I let you decide.
posted by fries @ 10:03:00 AM
0 comments